Welcome to Garston Proactive Farmers
Are you progressive?
Do you want to improve the health of your animals and the profitability of your business?
“Garston Proactive Farmers” offers a structured approach to preventative veterinary medicine.
Join a group of like-minded farmers striving for perfection and not only meeting industry standards but going beyond them to have healthier, more productive animals.
We will co-ordinate the calendar of healthcare bespoke to your farm in a timely manner. Providing the framework for an interactive service between vet and farmer, allowing a team approach to problem solving, with an emphasis on disease prevention.
If you’re interested in becoming a Garston Proactive Farmer, contact our team.
Garston Proactive Farmers – What’s Involved?
Do you want to prevent problems before they occur? Are you open to trying new techniques and monitoring change? If so, Garston Proactive Farmers could be right for you. Work with us to create your farm-specific calendar and get started.
A selection of the benefits are listed below, please contact the practice for a comprehensive description of each package:
- Herd Health Plan & Abi audit – Active planning for protocols and early detection of problems. Industry leading medicine monitoring to give timely advice.
- NEW Rumen health visit – Innovative assessment of cow nutrition/transition to advance the health and welfare of your cows.
- Quarterly Locomotion & body condition scoring – Early identification of lame or problem cows to improve animal health and welfare PLUS increase treatment success rates.
- Lameness cost calculator – Helping you to keep a closer eye on the bottom line.
- KPIs/Data Analysis – Increasing sustainable production by elevating herd performance and identifying ways to improve production, fertility and health.
- Calf scoring – Using Wisconsin scoring techniques to develop calf rearing systems. Accelerating calf health and growth for the future of your heard.
- Johne’s & BVD control – Improve the health of your herd by controlling/eradicating these diseases. Hot topics in the industry and Red Tractor. We will ensure you don’t forget to implement these criteria.
- SCC benchmarking – Early identification of problems allowing you to compare with peers & drive forward your herd.
- Herd Health Plan & Abi audit – Active planning & personalised advice to improve cattle health & production.
- Bull MOT – Early ID of problems, giving you peace of mind that your bull is suitable for breeding.
- Youngstock serology – Blood monitoring to aid early detection of disease before it becomes a setback.
- Parasite control planner NADIs – Access to the first online worming choices & reduce resistance.
- NEW body condition scoring – Pre-calving assessment, allowing the ID of early thin or far cows. Directing nutrition choices and helping to prevent calving/breeding problems.
- Fertility benchmarking – An insight to your breeding efficiency and the ability to compare and learn from peers.
- NEW calf bloods – Ensuring colostrum transfer from dam to calf is good. Early detection of poor colostrum to allow corrective management.
- Flock plan – Active planning for your flock with advice to drive productivity.
- Abi audit – Helping you to conform to industry requirements & reduce medicine resistance.
- Fertility – Great discount on vasectomies and fertility testing by our expert team.
- Disease Barren ewe checks – Early detection or absence of disease helping to promote proactive decision making.
- Worming – Access to the NEW NADIs online working tool to allow forward-thinking and live worming choices.
- Nutrition – Facilitate nutrition evaluation with current blood results. Allow pre-emptive management.
Additional Proactive Farmer Benefits Include:
- 25% off Farm Skills courses
- Entry in raffle to win 2 tickets to each Bath rugby home game.
- Annual Frome Show family ticket.
- Branded ring binder to store your proactive reports.
- Each Proactive Farmer will be invited to our annual exclusive hospitality day.
Why not take a look at more of our farm animal services?
Garston Proactive Farmers group is designed to work with farmers who want to excel and take their business to the next level