Covid-19 Practice Information
2021 update – National Lockdown
We would like to reassure you that we will continue to provide veterinary services for those animals that need us throughout the current lockdown. Our intention is to keep our surgeries at Frome, Melksham, Trowbridge, Warminster and Westbury open, and our out-of-hours emergency service operating from Garston House in Frome as normal.
We do however recognise the serious nature of this latest wave of coronavirus infections in the region, and for the safety of both clients and our staff we have made some changes to the range and type of services we will be offering in order to allow people to ‘stay at home’ as much as possible.
Following guidelines set out by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, we will once again be offering more telephone consultations for issues that we feel can be dealt with in a remote manner.
- Our surgeries will be open for collection of pre-arranged medications and pet food, including any anti-parasite treatments required by our Wellness Plan members.
- We will be completing all initial vaccination courses, but will once again extend the time frame for annual boosters up to the 15 month mark. We will however continue to see any animals before they go overdue by more than 3 months in order to keep them up to date.
- Non-urgent operations that can wait until after the initial six week period of lockdown will be postponed until that time.
- Please continue to pre-arrange all appointments to see a vet by phone – our online booking service has been put on hold.
- If visiting one of our practices we suggest where possible only one family member makes that journey.
If you are suffering from any symptoms of Covid 19 or are in a period of isolation from being identified as a contact, then please make arrangements for someone else to travel to the clinic.
What to expect at our surgeries
When you first arrive at one of our surgeries we would ask you to initially leave your animal in your vehicle and:
- either ring the surgery doorbell for assistance.
- or at Frome, Trowbridge & Warminster you can stay in your car and TEXT your details to the following numbers as a means of letting us know that you have arrived. (Please note, these phone numbers are for car park text messages only).
FROME 07709 129320
TROWBRIDGE 07754 307336
WARMINSTER 07385 263575
If you do not have a car to wait in, please be prepared for the rain if it’s one of those days!
- At Frome we have a marquee set up in the rear car park, and at Trowbridge and Warminster surgeries we have erected more permanent shelters for added protection from whatever the winter throws at us.
- Please practice social distancing at all times by keeping at least 2 metres away from our staff and other clients.
- Our receptionists, nurses & vets will be wearing face-coverings for your safety, and we respectfully ask all those that are not exempt from wearing face coverings to do so when speaking to any members of staff.
- The person you have booked to see will come and greet you in the fresh air and then take your animal in to the surgery for their examination or procedure.
*** Please make sure you have a secure collar/harness & lead for your dog, or a reliable sturdy carrier for your cat.***
We remind you only staff members are allowed to enter into our buildings at present.
Payments can be made on wifi card machines at any of our premises, by telephone, or online through our website.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries, but please be assured all pre-booked appointments will go ahead as planned unless we call you beforehand.
We thank you for being such supportive and understanding clients – you have really helped get us through these last 10 months.
Stay safe everyone.