Covid-19 Practice Information
We would like to reassure you that we will continue to provide veterinary services for those animals that need us throughout the various stages of 2021’s ‘lockdown’ and its easing back to normality.
Our intention is to keep our surgeries at Frome, Melksham, Trowbridge, Warminster and Westbury open, and our out-of-hours emergency service operating from our Garston House hospital in Frome as normal.
We do however recognise the serious nature of this year’s wave of coronavirus infections in the region, and for the health & safety of both clients and our staff we have made some changes to our routine work practices to stay Covid secure.
- Please continue to pre-book all appointments to see a veterinary surgeon or nurse, either by phone or through the website.
- If visiting one of our practices please follow the directions below, and we suggest where possible only one family member makes that journey.
- You will be able to collect any pre-arranged medications and pet food, including any anti-parasite treatments required by our Wellness Plan members, at all of our surgeries.
If you are suffering from any symptoms of Covid 19 or are in a period of isolation from being identified as a contact, then please make arrangements for someone else to travel to the clinic.
What to expect at our surgeries
When you first arrive at one of our surgeries we would ask you to initially leave your animal in your vehicle and…
- either ring the surgery doorbell for assistance.
- or at Frome, Trowbridge & Warminster you can stay in your car and TEXT your details to the following numbers as a means of letting us know that you have arrived. (Please note, these phone numbers are for car park text messages only).
FROME 07709 129320
TROWBRIDGE 07754 307336
WARMINSTER 07385 263575
If you do not have a car to wait in, please be prepared for the rain if it’s one of those days!
- At Frome we have a marquee set up in the rear car park, and at Trowbridge and Warminster surgeries we have erected more permanent shelters for added protection from whatever the winter throws at us.
- Please practice social distancing at all times by keeping at least 2 metres away from our staff and other clients.
- Our receptionists, nurses & vets will be wearing face-coverings for your safety, and we respectfully ask all those that are not exempt from wearing face coverings to do so when speaking to any members of staff.
- The person you have booked to see will come and greet you in the fresh air and then take your animal in to the surgery for their examination or procedure.
- At Westbury & Melksham we are allowing one client with their animal to enter the reception areas, but please wait outside until invited to come inside by the veterinary surgeon.
*** Please make sure you have a secure collar/harness & lead for your dog, or a reliable sturdy carrier for your cat.***
Payments can be made on wifi card machines at any of our premises, by telephone, or online through our website.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries, but please be assured all pre-booked appointments will go ahead as planned unless we call you beforehand.
We thank you for being such supportive and understanding clients – you have really helped get us through these last 10 months.
Stay safe everyone.