New puppies are always welcome at Garston Vets
At Garston Vets, we are always delighted to meet new additions to the family. We understand that getting a puppy can be quite an experience, so we try to make your visits as relaxed and helpful as possible.
Our puppy vaccination course starts with a first vaccination from 8 weeks of age, with the second vaccination 4 weeks later. Puppies are ready to explore the great outdoors 7 days after their 2nd vaccination, although full cover for Leptospirosis is not until 3 weeks after their second injection.
Please take a look at the benefits of joining one of our preventative health Wellness Plans at an early stage in your pet’s life – vaccinations, parasite medications, microchips & check ups can all be included.
To book a new puppy appointment, contact us to register your new pet and make an appointment.
What to expect on your First Puppy Visit:
- A 20-minute consultation with the Nurse
- Weight check to ensure your puppy is a healthy weight
- Advice on fleas, ticks, worms, pet insurance, microchipping, diet, behaviour, neutering, and anything else you want to know!
- Receive our Garston Puppy Pack
- Voucher for your complimentary bag of ROYAL CANIN® diet food
- A 15-minute consultation with the Vet
- Full health check
- 1st vaccination and certificate
- Introduction to Petplan® for 4 weeks FREE pet insurance (if required)
- Invitation to attend a Puppy Party at Garston Vets
- … and usually quite a lot of puppy cuddles from the staff!
What to expect on your Second Puppy Visit:
- A 15-minute consultation with the Nurse
- Weight check to ensure your puppy is growing at a healthy rate
- 2nd vaccination
- More puppy cuddles!